Have you ever tried to Train a Dragon? Have you ever wanted to? How about a whole lot of Dragons? Here is your chance!
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, #UABBlazers, is seeking their Executive Director of EHS who will be responsible, through the team of direct reports and their respective staffs, to ensure all UAB employees are properly trained in their EHS responsibilities
This is just 1 of over 30 EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide. Follow our job announcements at https://lnkd.in/eFVKAnc and Twitter.com/Consentium or our LinkedIn Work Group at https://lnkd.in/e2ZG-Mj
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (The UAB Blazers uab.edu #UAB) is recruiting for their newly created and redefined Executive Director of Environmental, Health and Safety in Birmingham, AL, job 1183 at consentiumsearch.com Relocation assistance available within the US
This is a NEWLY CREATED position that will centralize EHS responsibility and accountability across the entire UAB campus
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the reorganization of, and ongoing challenges for the EHS function at a major academic institution? Do you have the experience to lead a team of experienced professionals to establish the strategic plan for all areas of the university including but not limited to Research Safety, Chemical Safety, Biological Safety, Radiation Safety, Laboratory Safety, Campus Safety, Fire & Life Safety, Laser Safety and Hospital Safety?
This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website. There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
To drive a campus-wide Culture of Safety at UAB. To develop, lead and execute strategic and tactical plans to ensure that the University has comprehensive environmental health, and safety programs with the goal of providing the safest work environment for all our team members and prevents loss of life and injury to faculty, staff, patients, students, and visitors and to protect UAB property. To provide executive administrative direction and support for the day to day operations of the program and works in connection with the committees (led by the VP of Research) that are charged with the review and approval of research, teaching, or clinical activities requiring use of hazardous chemicals, biological, radioactive materials. These areas include but are not limited to Research Safety, Chemical Safety, Biological Safety, Radiation Safety, Laboratory Safety, Campus Safety, Fire & Life Safety, Laser Safety and Hospital Safety. To create a proactive culture that meets or exceeds stakeholder needs, oversee safety of events and interact with government agencies on behalf of the university while establishing excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline OR A Bachelor’s Degree, Plus a nationally recocnized board certification (CSP, CIH, CHP, etc.) plus 10 years of EHS Leadership experience in higher education
- At least Five (5), preferably more, years of EHS Leadership experience in in a higher education environment
- Demonstrated success positively influencing other professionals
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs in an academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safety requirements of a research laboratory
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Preferred additional attributes that will enhance your submission:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CHMM, CIH, REM, PE etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- 10 or more years of EHS Leadership in an Research Academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS in a hospital setting including familiarity with Joint Commission and CMM guidelines
- Refines and drives the culture of safety programs on UAB’s campus. Sets vision and strategy, implementation and communication plan.
- Leads various communications committees to ensure the development of strategic Environmental Health & Safety communiques for use with campus constituents and partnership with the community.
- Provides strategic leadership of UAB’s various Environmental Health and Safety initiatives such that UAB maintains and builds upon its reputation as proactive best-in-class for Higher Education.
- Chairs various internal organizational teams/committees that helps develop/refine Environmental Health & Safety mission, policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Assures that UAB continuously improves by developing the strategy and plan of continuous improvement that enhances our performance in Environmental Health and Safety innovation.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators/Metrics to define and measure success of safety program.
- Provides technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for the various Departments, Facilities, and Initiatives that focus on regulatory compliance issues in Safety and Environmental Health.
- Understands Research Health & Safety issues in a Higher Education environment and provides direction and leadership to campus related Environmental Health & Safety issues.
- Ensures current and future EHS programs are in full compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, expectations of funding agencies and accrediting bodies, government programs and University policies.
- Collaborates with various campus departments. to ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff as well as with the Police & Public Safety program, which includes UAB Emergency Management to respond to crisis situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website https://www.consentiumsearch.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1183
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Reminder: All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm: Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates are all encouraged to submit your credentials.
Refer a friend or client and be eligible for our REFERRAL BONUS that can pay you or your favorite charity. Details at https://www.consentiumsearch.com/giving-back
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates and all interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their credentials.
#EHSJobs #SafetyJobs #EnvironmentalJobs #OSHA #EPA #DEP #SafetyRecruiter #EHSrecruiter @ConsentiumSearch @Consentium #Safetyheadhunter #EHSheadhunter #EnvironmentalRecruiter #EnvironmentalHeadhunter “Occupational Safety”Share